Softer skin makes you look and feel younger and more vibrant. There are the key ways to get softer skin, such as drinking plenty of water and sleep, staying out of the sun, and eating well. But did you know that water softener benefits can include softer skin?
Negative Effects of Hard Water on Skin
Water is considered hard when it has excessive minerals, such as calcium and magnesium.
These minerals cause bad things to happen to skin, such as:
- Making it harder to clean skin; soap doesn’t lather well when mixed with minerals.
- Leaving a layer of soap scum on skin; soap doesn’t rinse off thoroughly.
- Clogged pores; soap scum clogs pores, which can lead to acne and breakouts.
- Itchy, dry, and irritated skin; the minerals in hard water strip the body of its natural oils.
How a Water Softener Benefits Skin
When you install a water softener in your home, you can expect some pretty awesome benefits. Not only will it make it easier to get a clean home, dishes, laundry, and hair, it will also be easier to clean you!
10% OFF Smart Thermostat Installation
Bring your own or ask us about adding one to your air conditioning system and we'll take 10% off the installation fee.
- Soft water enables soap to lather better, cleaning your skin more. Bonus: bubbles last longer during bubble baths!
- You’ll get out of the shower feeling softer and smoother since your natural oils can flow freely with no soap scum.
- You won’t need as much lotion or oils added to your skin, saving both time and money.
- You’ll feel cleaner since the water will fully wash off.
Start Feeling the Effects of Softer Water
If you’re ready to have softer, smoother, cleaner skin, then you’re ready for a water softener! Contact Forrest Anderson to review your options. We’ll help you find the right one for your family and then install it for you.