5 Reasons to Install a Programmable Thermostat
Does your home feel like you live with Goldilocks? It’s too hot. It’s too cold. You get up and change the temperature more often that you’d like.
It feels like a constant battle to keep your home comfortable while keeping utility bills low but it doesn’t have to feel that way.
Stop touching the thermostat and call Forrest Anderson to install a programmable thermostat.
Goldilocks won’t know what happened.
Taking a summer vacation? Keep the house warmer while you’re gone and turn down the A/C when you’re on your way home. It’s that simple but it’s not the only reason to install a programmable thermostat.
- Utility bill savings. Americans spend as much as half of their household expenses on utilities making it important to find ways to save. According to the Department of Energy (DOE), “You can save as much as 10% a year on heating and cooling by simply turning your thermostat back 7°-10°F for 8 hours a day from its normal setting.” Maximize savings by coordinating temperatures with a budgeted utility use plan from SRP or APS.
- Eco-friendly. Decrease the size of your household’s carbon footprint simply by installing a programmable thermostat so you’re using the most electricity during times when you’re at home instead of cooling an empty house.
- Control from anywhere. Forget to change the thermostat before your vacation? Not to worry. WiFi enabled thermostats allow you to control the comfort of your home from your mobile device. Some models also allow you to control humidity, ceiling fan settings, and circulate the air at regular intervals to create the perfect environment in your home.
- Increased comfort. If you’re home primarily on evenings and weekends, an adjustable thermostat was designed with you in mind! Set the temperature of your home at different times of the day and on different days of the week to keep you and Goldilocks comfortable.
- Less worry. Do you leave home wondering if you changed the temperature setting? Stop worrying and start saving money when you program ideal temperatures for each day of the week.
Installing a programmable thermostat is one of the best ways to save money on utility bills, decrease your carbon footprint, and provide comfort to you and Goldilocks throughout the year.
Are you ready to get comfortable?