When: Monday, May 15, 2017 from 10am-1pm (owner available at 11am for interviews)
What: Air Conditioning Technician Job Fair/Hiring Event (on-the-spot interviews and competency tests to all who attend- media will be able to see a candidate on the roof doing a basic HVAC inspection)
Where: Forrest Anderson Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning Inc. 17225 N 63rd Ave Glendale, AZ 85308
If you’re an HVAC Tech That Has a Problem Working for a Woman, Don’t Attend Forrest Anderson’s Job Fair on Monday, May 15
(Phoenix, Arizona – May 8, 2016) If you have a problem with Forrest Anderson’s President being a woman, then don’t show up at its Job Fair on Monday, May 15. Forrest Anderson Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning Inc. (Forrest Anderson), a family-owned business in the Phoenix area since 1961, is hosting a job fair as it is seeking to add HVAC Service Technicians and Apprentices between 10am-1pm. While the HVAC industry has long been dominated by men, Forrest Anderson is led by its President, Audrey Monell, who will be available to talk to reporters at 11am on site.
“There aren’t a lot of women currently working in HVAC or plumbing, let alone serving as the President of the company,” said Monell. “It’s really a non-issue to most people, but every now and then we get an applicant that can’t get over the fact they aren’t applying to be part of a boys only club. That’s why we put it out there in front so we don’t need to waste time with a candidate that refuses to respect everyone- whether it be our customers, their co-workers or their boss.”
Interviews will be conducted on the spot and candidates do a quick review of an HVAC unit to demonstrate that they’ve done it before. If you’re a seasoned candidate with 3-4 years experience in the field servicing both residential and commercial units, you should definitely apply. Forrest Anderson is also seeking Apprentice candidates—such as those that recently graduated from HVAC tech training programs but are just breaking into the industry.
Forrest Anderson is seeking highly motivated, talented people that will treat co-workers and our clients with respect. The company has plenty of work for employees to do, it just wants techs that share our passion. Besides a place to call home and build your career, Forrest Anderson offers the following benefits to all team members.
- Competitive pay structure: including hourly pay as well as incentives
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k program available
- Paid vacations and holidays
At Forrest Anderson, HVAC Service Technicians are responsible for servicing both commercial and residential HVAC units but they do much more such as:
- Quote new work– sometimes a customer needs to have new work completed. You’ll be responsible for working with our service manager to accurately quote and present new work to our customers right when they ask.
- Maintenance service– we all know the value of proper maintenance. You’ll provide maintenance to both our commercial and residential members of our Comfort & Convenience Club. You’ll also be providing impromptu maintenance as needed.
- Answer customer questions– it’s part of the job and part of your new career. If you’re going to serve our customers, you need to be okay with walking them through the complexities of their HVAC unit.
- Clean up the job site– part of our commitment to our customers is to be a convenient solution to them. This means cleaning up the job site, maybe even leaving it better than we found it. Forrest Anderson was founded with the promise of “taking out the trash.” It was important
The ideal candidate will have the following traits:
- Love to serve– we don’t say “no” to our clients. In fact, it’s our goal to say, “yes” to every customer request. Whether it’s to take on a unique job or learn something new. If we don’t accommodate our customer’s request, then they won’t be a customer for long.
- Pay attention to details– we work in an industry where people get hurt if we’re not careful. It’s absolutely critical you have a detailed eye and can identify and correct anything out of the ordinary. It’s not unusual for our technicians to work on a system that was installed by another company. It’s important to take the time to make sure everything is installed and maintained correctly. We are responsible for caring for our customers.
- Think outside the box– a certain level of creativity is needed to excel at Forrest Anderson. Our customers come back to us again and again because we are able to present solutions that match their needs. We don’t create unnecessary work just to bill our customers. We provide creative solutions just for them. It’s who we are.
- Want to be a part of something great– You are not a number and we won’t treat you like one. There are no unrealistic goals or ridiculous penalties. We’re all working together to be a part of a great company that takes care of our employees, their families, and our customers.
- Likes to speak with customers– you’ll never know what a customer needs unless you talk to them. You must be polite, answer any questions a customer has, and be willing to ask the customer questions too.
What are the qualifications and required experience?
At this time we’re only looking for a seasoned HVAC Service Technician. This means you have 3-4 years at a minimum in the field servicing both residential and commercial units. You also need to have the following:
- Your own hand tools for HVAC service work
- Neat, clean, professional appearance
- Ability to work emergency after hours on a rotating schedule
- A clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and you are insurable
- The physical ability to work on a pitched roof
- The physical ability to go up and down ladders multiple times per day
- Lift at least 50 pounds without assistance
Candidates that don’t want to wait until the job fair to be considered can jump the line by visiting the Forrest Anderson careers page, call and send their resume directly to email@example.com, or can even call Mark Stevens who is coordinating the interviews directly at 623-428-0215.
About Forrest Anderson
Forrest Anderson Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning Inc. has been providing exceptional service to the Phoenix area since 1961. A third-generation family business with over 68 years of experience, Forrest Anderson remains committed to its founder’s core beliefs: treat your customers right, treat your employees right, do your best work, and always do the right thing. Forrest Anderson technicians operate under a four-point service model (understand, discuss, solve and deliver) to provide a consistent, high-quality experience each and every time. ROC: O68884, O80357, O68784, O32411. For more information, call 623.428.0215 or visit http://forrestanderson.net/.
For media inquiries contact:
Josh Weiss, President
10 to 1 Public Relations