Scott and Gwen mentioned to a neighbor they needed a plumber. One of the toilets upstairs was slow to drain and occasionally needed plunging to clear the bowl. The neighbor’s uncle was an all-around handyman and could save the couple money. So, they contacted Uncle Nathan, even though he didn’t work with or for a licensed plumbing company.
Plumbing Company Red Flags
Uncle Nathan’s status as an unlicensed plumber was Scott and Gwen’s first red flag. He gave them a quote over the phone which he almost immediately changed after having “a look around.” The third clue they’d made a mistake was when he had to go to a nearby hardware store to buy “the right tools.”
Accountability is Standard with the Right Plumbing Company
It may be unfair to business startups, but the best service professionals are usually the ones that have longevity. Service companies can come and go. Often, they are gone by the time their work falls apart. Accountability is key. Local, proven good service is important, but knowing your plumbing company will be here for you next year matters.
What to Look For
A bad experience is possible with any plumbing company. Sometimes things simply go wrong. The difference between a good plumbing company and a bad one is, the right plumbing company will make it right. Your local plumbing professional knows the company’s reputation is critical and customer satisfaction drives the business.
10% OFF Smart Thermostat Installation
Bring your own or ask us about adding one to your air conditioning system and we'll take 10% off the installation fee.
Look for these 7 qualities in the right plumbing company:
- 24/7 – Problems can occur anytime, day or night. It’s important your plumber offer 24/7 emergency service.
- Appearance – A dirty, shaky-looking van and unkempt service technicians appear less-than-professional. Perhaps their work is, too.
- Licensed/bonded/insured – In addition to insurance against injury and property damage, a good plumbing company offers warrantees against parts defects and guarantees for good quality of work.
- Local presence/memberships – Membership in the Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau (BBB), and community support are clues you’ve found the right plumbing professionals.
- Online presence/reviews – In addition to an active website, Facebook, Angie’s List, and Yelp reviews can help you find the right plumber.
- Options/solutions – Expensive repairs and new installations happen, but your plumbing company should be able to offer solutions that work for you (not them). Options can include replacing what must be replaced and using what you can for as long as is viable. Your plumbing professional may even be able to help with affordable financing.
- Reasonable pricing – If one quote for services is much lower than others, be wary. Ask the company where they get their parts. (“Less is more” can mean less expense now but more expense later.) A good plumbing professional can explain estimates for work and parts.
The Phoenix Plumbing Company: Forrest Anderson
For over 55 years, Forrest Anderson Plumbing & Air Conditioning has provided dependable HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) and plumbing service to Phoenix-area communities. The Phoenix Business Journal named the company one of the Valley’s Top Mechanical Contractors.
Forrest Anderson Plumbing & Air Conditioning is the right company for you. If you have any questions, contact us today.